Weddings & Private Events in Lafayette Park
The Park House, Gazebo, restored bridge and grotto are available year-round for rental. The Park House was originally built as a police substation in the 1800s and retains its historic charm. In recent years it has been refurbished and is used for meetings by neighborhood organizations. In 2009 the attached Gazebo was completed. Weddings are often held on the restored bridge over the grotto, also. The Kern Pavilion (aka “the boathouse”) is newly restored and available for rent — read all about its grand opening here.
Lafayette Park is said to be the oldest park west of the Mississippi River. It is located in the heart of Lafayette Square, St. Louis’ first historic district. See for yourself why so many people say Lafayette Park is the most beautiful park in the city!
To rent the Park House and attached Gazebo, please contact:
To rent the Betsy Cook Pavilion, the Bridge and Grotto, or the Kern Pavilion please contact:
St. Louis City Parks Department
Kern Pavilion Specifics:
- Rental fees are $80/hour, with a minimum of four hours. In addition, a $500 security deposit is required for all events.
- The City has a set of preferred caterers for events at the Kern Pavilion. These caterers are the only companies permitted for use at the Kern Pavilion. All food and drink, including alcoholic beverages, must be provided by one of these caterers. They are: Square One Brewery & Distillery, Moulin Events, Butler’s Pantry, Hendri’s, and Westwood Catering.
- It is available for rent from 8:00 AM to 12:00 midnight, seven days a week.
- Maximum capacity: 60 people for a seated event, 100 people for a cocktail reception.
- A tent can be rented from a private source and placed on the north side of the building.
- The pavilion is handicapped accessible.
- A full list of terms and conditions should be obtained from the City; this list is not comprehensive.