The Lafayette Square Strategic Plan is a community informed planning effort to imagine the future of Lafayette Square and develop a roadmap for achieving our vision. The end result will be a five-year strategic plan that establishes goals, actions and potential funding strategies to support the long-term vision. All are welcome and encouraged to participate in this planning effort! Through the planning process, we will:
- Use community input to determine a vision for the future and focus areas for our strategic plan;
- Consider demographic and economic trends and how we can respond to them proactively;
- Evaluate Lafayette Square’s neighborhood-based organizations and how they can work together, along with others, to meet neighborhood needs; and
- Evaluate current resources and potential funding mechanisms needed to implement the neighborhood’s vision and goals and gather public input on funding options.
Many organizations and individuals will be involved in implementing the Plan. Existing neighborhood-based organizations including the Lafayette Park Conservancy, the Lafayette Square Arts Council and the Lafayette Square Restoration Committee (LSRC) will all be involved but moving Lafayette Square forward will require all of us.
We need you! All are welcome. Whether you rent or own your home, whether you arrived last month or forty years ago, whether you are a member of a neighborhood organization or not – we need you and want to hear what you have to say.
We know it’s hard to get to meetings so we are coming to you. Stop by our table where you can complete a short survey, play a fun visioning game, and grab a snack.
- Park Avenue Coffee Pop-Up (look for us across the street), Saturday, August 17, 9-11a
- Lafayette Square New Residents Social, Sunday, August 25,4-7p *new residents only please*
- Lafayette Park Pop-Up, NW Corner, Thursday, September 5, 4-7p
- Others….stay tuned!
Complete a short survey online to tell us about opportunities and challenges you consider most important. Find the survey here. The same survey is available on paper at our pop-ups. Surveys will also be available at check-in for Concerts in the Park on Saturday, August 24 (Powerplay Band) and Saturday, September 7 (Jeremiah Johnson Band), 6:00-9:00p.
We’ll host a public meeting this fall to share what we’ve heard from the community and get input on strategies to achieve the community’s desired vision. Stay tuned for date!
STAY IN TOUCH
Stay tuned to opportunities for public input through Lafayette Square NextDoor, the Lafayette Square Community Facebook page, and this website. To be added to our mailing list to receive notices directly, email email@example.com. You can also give Beth a call anytime, 314.497.3126.
About the Plan
The planning effort is sponsored by the Lafayette Square Restoration Committee with participation from the Lafayette Park Conservancy, the Lafayette Square Arts Council and local businesses and residents. Shockey Consulting has been hired to help develop the Plan and facilitate an extensive public engagement process. An Advisory Committee of local residents and businesses is working closely with Shockey to make sure the process and the Plan itself reflect the community’s interests. The Committee includes representatives from the Lafayette Square Restoration Committee, Lafayette Park Conservancy, Lafayette Square Arts Council, local businesses, and others.
A full list of the Strategic Plan Advisory Committee members includes:
- Matt Brazelton
- Tom Dahms
- Karishma Furtado
- Donna Korando
- Matt Negri
- Linda Weiner
- Emily O’Brien
- Leigh Anne Smith
- Ryne Vickery
- Wayne White
- Rachel Witt