Twice a year, the residents of Lafayette Square generously open their homes as part of our annual tours, organized by the Lafayette Square Restoration Committee. The Spring Home and Garden Tour occurs on the first weekend in June, and the Holiday Parlor Tour occurs on the second Sunday in December.
The first tour took place in 1969, when residents organized an effort to show off their renovations-in-progress and promote other homes for sale in the neighborhood. Attendees who bought one of the crumbling homes supposedly got a refund of their ticket price!
Over the years, the tour has become well-known throughout the area as a showcase of Victorian architecture. A unique poster is created for each tour and sold to support the neighborhood.
Please see our Calendar for listings of upcoming house tours.
2018 Holiday Parlor Tour Tickets
House Tour FAQ
- Tickets are available online and a limited supply would be available day of the tour
- Online ticket sales typically begin about six weeks before each tour.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Free street parking is available throughout the neighborhood and at two specific lots identified on this map.
- The tour is self-guided; you may visit homes in any order.
- Most homes have steps which lead to the front door, and some do not have banisters.
- You may be required to take off your shoes or wear protective booties when entering homes.
- The majority of homes will only have their first floors open to visitors.
- We offer a complementary trolley between homes, but there is only one trolley so tour goers may have to wait at peak times.
- Merchandise, including our famous tour posters, is always on sale during the tour.
- Most homes on tour will be “historic” in that they were built between 1850-1900. Some homes will be “new construction” in that they were built after 2000, but each complies with our historic code which mandates architectural features in keeping with the various Victorian styles found here.
Lafayette Square House Tour Posters
Click on a thumbnail to see full artwork.